Last updated: June 5, 2018 at 2:55 am
Here’s an example of how to write the plan of investigation for school based assessment for CXC.
General Topic: Mental Health
Specific Topic: OCD
Marks will be awarded for:
- Topic: General and Specific
- Reason for choice of topic
- Task to be done
- Nature and source of stimuli
- Method of investigation
- English Language skills that may be used
- List three (3) factors (limitations)
- Describe one way you plan to minimize limitations.
- What are the expected benefits to the researcher as a language student.
- Propose valid conclusion on how to obtain these benefits
In order to effectively investigate the topic given, the researcher will undertake a series of tasks. The objective is to gain greater insight on the mental health issue called “OCD.”
The researcher has chosen this topic for several reasons. Among the most important reasons are:
- His desire for helping people who may be suffering from this mental heath issue.
- His ambition to improve his language skills through the branch of science related to human health and well being.
The task of understanding what exactly is OCD and how it affects humans as a whole is not an easy one, but the researcher is adamant in breaking down all barriers which stand between him and getting to the bottom of this issue.
Having seen several television series on the subject already, and personally knowing persons who may be suffering from this condition, the researcher has been further stimulated to pursue this topic, specifically, OCD.
The method of investigation will be as follows:
- The researcher will talk to as many people as possible in the medical field to gather pieces of data which will then be fitted together to form a report.
- The researcher will scour the internet via Google Search to unearth as much information as possible about OCD.
- The researcher will speak to parents in the community who may have children suffering from OCD.
- The researcher will delve into science books to gain greater insights of this medical condition.
While researching this topic, there are several limitations. For one, doctors in the field of mental health may be very few and not be readily available for an interview or to provide details about the condition to the researcher. Further, finding parents willing to talk about their child’s condition might be a bit of a challenge. On top of that, many people may not be aware that they or their children are suffering from OCD.
Nevertheless, the researcher will be insistent in making contact with some knowledgeable person or persons in the field of mental health. Failing that, the research will fully exploit internet authority websites.
Further, the researcher will be tactful in identifying possible victims of OCD and also be tactful in interviewing parents.
As a language student, the researcher aims to improve all areas of his English Language skills, including but limited to: punctuation, paragraph writing, critical thinking skills and analysis.
In order to magnify these skills, the researcher will pay particular attention to the rules of English grammar and writing style.