Last updated: May 26, 2018 at 6:45 am
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned. Isaiah
It has been over four years now since I’ve been walking in the light of God’s love and God has done so much for me. He has touched all areas of my life and positively impacted my physical, spiritual and financial life.
You may read from time to time, in some of my articles, the expression “walking in the light of God’s love,” but what does it really mean to be “walking in the light of God’s love”? It means quite a number of things. I’ll mention the following:
1. Accepting Jesus Christ as the Messiah promised by God to deliver “His” people. God’s chosen people, the descendants of Israel, have ever since been waiting for A Messiah promised by God who was to work great wonders on the earth and lead God’s people to glory. When Jesus came, He wasn’t what most people expected. Instead of a royal birth, He was born in a stable to an ordinary family. Instead of warfare, He used the power of peace. He taught us how to live and love, and He stands as the only bridge between us and God.
2. Feeling Love For Jesus Christ. Have you ever done something, or a lot of things, for someone or a number of persons, who were later ungrateful to you? This happens a lot in the world. But you haven’t done anything for Jesus. Even though you haven’t done anything for Him, Jesus came down to earth and suffered and died for you. If you truly understand this, you will feel an “everlasting” love for our Savior.
3. Humbling yourself before God. “Humble yourself before the Lord and He will lift you up.”
4. Paying your tithes and offerings. This is truly “selfless advice.” I do not stand to gain anything by advising you to pay tithes and offerings to your local church. But you stand to gain tremendously. When you pay tithes and offerings, you fulfill one of God’s fundamental laws. You express and prove your faith in God. You acknowledge Him, and not yourself, something or someone else, as your provider.
5. Trusting God to take care of your problems. Is there any burden too heavy for you? The bible tells us to “cast our burdens on Jesus for He cares for us.” The fictional character “superman” saves lives temporarily in his movies, but Jesus has conquered both death and the grave. Jesus can move entire mountains with just one word. Jesus is much more than superman. Can you imagine then, how easy your problem would be for Jesus to solve? Jesus can not only solve your problem, but He can turn it into a blessing. In other words, Jesus can “turn your water into wine.”
In the book of Psalms David writes “we have not made ourselves, God made us.” Start walking in the light of God’s love today, if you haven’t already done so.