It is no mystery nowadays that so many illnesses and diseases can be sidestepped if only humans took to the time to eat right. However, in our constant hustles and bustles, we often forget the most important and scrumptious things in life. And one of those is, yes, to eat watermelon!
According to nutrition expert Patrick Carpen, watermelon may very well be classified as a superfruit! And its daily consumption can do wonders to your body and mind. You will feel increased energy levels, better brain power, improved digestion, and an overall feeling of well being.
And the best part is, watermelons go for a dime a dozen in most regions of the earth nowadays!
So without further ado, here are some of the nutrition facts and health benefits of watermelon.
- Great source of vitamins A, C and B6.
- Great source of lycopene – a phytonutrient an antioxidant which has been linked to heart health, bone heath and prostate health.
- Great source of antioxidants and amino acids.
- Moderate source of protein.
- Fat Free and 0 Calories.
- Good source of Beta-carotene.
- Great phenolic antioxidant content.
- Watermelon strengthens the immune system.
- Good for the skin.
- Good for the eyes.
- Helps to prevent cancer.
- Great source of the Amino Acid Citrulline.
- Promotes blood flow and cardiovascular health.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Fights Erectile Dysfunction in males.