You’ve probably heard that “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” But the same thing may be said about “a coconut a day”!
What I’m talking about here is drinking the young coconut’s water. There are also health benefits associated with eating the jelly of both young and dried coconuts. I will deal with that in another article. Here I’m dealing with the health benefits of drinking the water from young coconuts.
Tip: Best if served chilled.
It is recommended to drink the water of one young coconut, but no more than three, per day. Remember: too much of anything is good for nothing!
So without further ado:-
- Reduces the risk of kidney stones.
- Reduces the risk of all kinds of cancer.
- Fights infections.
- Contains antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Rehydrates the body.
- Increases energy levels.
- Improves brain functions.
- Reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Strengthens bones.
- Reduces the risk of asthma.
- Improves metabolism.
- Contains antioxidant properties.
- Strengthens the immune system.
And much more!