English by Patrick Carpen: Welcome
English by Patrick Carpen was designed not just to teach English, but also to inspire a love of English Language and Literature on the impressionable mind. Your questions, comments and suggestions help us to transform this website into a more phenomenal learning experience. Please feel free to email us on: email@example.com with all your questions, comments, criticisms and suggestions for improvement.
English by Patrick Carpen: Subscribe
If you’re a student of English, whether studying with an educational institution, or for your personal development, I’d like to encourage you to subscribe to my mailing list and be the first to know when I launch something new. Plus get updates, free offers, free e-books, give-aways, promotional offers, product recommendations, product launches and much more.
English by Patrick Carpen: All-Encompassing
English by Patrick Carpen starts at the very bottom, and works its way subtly to the top. No matter what level of the English language you are at now, you’ll find something to interest, intrigue and inspire you.
How to use this site.
Be sure to use the SEARCH BAR to search for topics and keywords you don’t see and are looking for.
Click any of the CATEGORIES link to browse the content of various categories.
Click any of the links of our PAGES MENU to jump straight there.
Click here for a QUICKSTART LIST of some of the cornerstone pages on this site. (Coming Soon)
And most of all, don’t forget or forego to take advantage of FREE EBOOKS AVAILABLE for download. (Coming Soon)
- All Sites on the Network
- Basic English
- English – Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature by Patrick Carpen
- English Literature
- English Spelling and Pronunciation
- Grammar, Punctuation and Mechanics
- Literary Devices
- Recommended Resources
- Short Stories by Students
- The Parts Of Speech
- Parts of Speech: Triple Variation
- Prepostions or Adverbs: Double Value Words
- The Basics
- The Adjective
- The Adverb
- The Conjunction
- The Interjection
- The Noun
- The Preposition
- The Pronoun
- The Verb
- The Pronominal Adjective
- The Sentence
- Kinds of Sentences
- Phrases and Clauses
- Run-on Sentences
- Sentence Length
- Sentences with Compound Predicates
- Sentences with Compound Subjects
- Subject – Verb Agreement
- The Apposition
- The Compound Sentence
- The Simple Predicate
- The Simple Subject
- The Subject and Predicate of a Sentence
- Preconceived Ideas
- The Last Straw
- Use Words Powerfully
- Vocabulary Builder by Patrick Carpen
- Vocabulary: Use Colorful Verbs
- Vocabulary: Words that Confuse
- Voluntary Suspension of Disbelief
- What is Jargon?
- What is your Achilles’ Heel?
- What Is Your Personality?
- Written Expression
- A Sri Lankan War Story
- A Writing Success Story
- Composition Writing: Dream Job
- Description Writing: Describing People
- Direct And Indirect Speech
- How to Write a Debate
- It All Depended On Us To Defend Our Country
- Persuasive Writing
- Quoted or Direct Speech
- Repetition In Poetry
- Repetition in Prose
- The Cliche
- The Letter of Resignation
- The Paragraph