This page was first published on the 23rd of November, 2016 and last updated on the 23rd of November, 2016 by Patrick Carpen.
If you’re building a WordPress site, here are some essential (must-have) WordPress Plugins that you definitely should install – before you ever do anything.
- Wordfence – Wordfence is a security plugin like no other. It keeps your site safe from hackers and other forms of cyberattacks.
- Revision Control – Because WordPress stores a version for every modification of an article, your database could quickly become overloaded, causing your website to slow down significantly, and using up excessive space on your hosting plan. Revision Control limits the amount of revisions that WordPress stores for every page or post. I personally set the maximum to 3 revisions. That is, WordPress stores only the 3 most recent revisions to any page or post.
- WP Discuz – We all know that a great comment system is both priceless and invaluable at the same time – just like the WordPress software itself. WordPress’ pages and posts come build it with a comment form at the bottom of every page or post – if selected. However, the look and feel of it is not that impressive – it is just plain and drab. WP Discuz changes all that. With features that will blow your mind away, WP Discuz makes it a breeze for readers to leave comments, reply to comments, get notifications of replies, login through social networks, register, vote comments up and down, and much more.
- Jetpack – Jetpack comes with a wide array of features that your WordPress site can’t like without.
- AddtoAny Share Buttons is the social sharing plugins that will make it easy for users to share your posts and pages, email it, print it, twitter it, digg it, and so much more. And it’s pleasing to the eyes too.